In light of the recent increase in car accidents, we’re seeing more patients than ever with tissue, frame, and general body injuries. More and more, people are asking us the same question: How long should I go to a chiropractor after an accident?
The sooner you make an appointment with one, the faster you’ll feel better and recover from your pain and injuries. When it comes to car accidents, timing is everything. If you wait too long before seeing a chiropractor after an accident, it could have serious implications for your recovery and future well-being. Read on to learn more about when to see a chiropractor after an accident and how long you should wait before making that appointment.
When To Consult A Chiropractor After A Car Accident
In most cases, you should see a car accident chiropractor right after the accident if you have any injuries. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, it’s important to get checked out. You may have an injury that isn’t noticeable. These injuries can lead to more serious issues down the road. If you remain untreated, a little “minor” injury can turn into something much worse. If you experience any of the following symptoms after an accident, you should seek treatment as soon as possible:
Symptoms To Watch Out For After A Car Accident
- Headaches or migraines that started after the accident – If you’ve been in an accident, there is a chance that you may be experiencing headaches or migraines. The good news is that these symptoms are usually easy to treat.
- Neck pain after an accident – If you experienced neck pain after an accident, this means your neck muscles are strained or sprained due to the accident. Neck pain after an accident is common and can be treated by a chiropractor.
- Back or joint pain after an accident – You may experience back pain or joint pain after an accident. While these symptoms are much less common, they can often be treated effectively through chiropractic care.
- Numbness, tingling, or loss of sensation in your hands or arms – These symptoms can be a sign of a pinched nerve in your neck or back. These symptoms can be incredibly painful and can greatly interfere with your life.
- Stiffness – If you’re feeling stiff after an accident, it could be a sign that you’ve torn a ligament or muscle
- Difficulty moving – If you have difficulty moving after an accident, it could be a sign of a serious injury.
The sooner you get help, the faster you can recover from the accident. Don’t wait for the pain and symptoms to linger. Ideally, you should get checked by your chiropractor no longer than three days after an accident. If you have suffered severe injuries like fractures or traumatic brain injuries, it’s best to head to the emergency room first.
What Are The Common Car Accident Injuries?
If you experience the symptoms mentioned above, you are most likely to have the following car accident injuries:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a very common injury that occurs when the head is thrown forward and then backward after an accident. It can cause pain and irritation in your neck, as well as headaches.
- Concussions – A concussion occurs when your brain is hit so hard that it moves around inside your skull. Most concussions are caused by car accidents, sports injuries, or falling.
- Disc Herniation – A disc herniation is a very painful injury that occurs when a disc in your spine is forced out and damages the surrounding nerves. This can cause numbness, tingling, or significant pain throughout your body.
- Sprained or broken bones – Depending on where the fracture is, you may experience pain, swelling, and a loss of mobility.
How Can A Chiropractor Help You Recover From An Accident?
Chiropractic treatment after an accident is designed to reduce your symptoms, ease your pain, and increase your mobility. In addition to traditional medical treatments, chiropractors may also use therapeutic techniques such as soft tissue manipulation, acupuncture, and spinal decompression.
More specifically, these therapies are meant to treat back pain, neck pain, and other conditions that can be caused by trauma or injury. One of the best things about chiropractic treatment after an accident is that it is non-invasive.
First, they can help realign your spine. This can help relieve pain and restore the natural alignment of your body.
Second, they can reduce inflammation in the area around the injury. Inflammation is essentially an immune response that occurs when tissues are damaged or injured. This can lead to swelling and other negative effects on your body. By reducing this inflammation, chiropractors can help heal your body faster and reduce the risk of serious complications or long-term damage.
Finally, they can reduce stiffness by releasing built-up tension in your muscles and joints. When you’re dealing with car accident injuries, this is especially important because it can permanently change the way your muscles work (and how they move).
Contact A Car Accident Chiropractor For Pain Relief And Management
If you’ve been in a car accident and are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, you should see a chiropractor as soon as possible. Most car accident injuries will resolve on their own, but you can make your recovery faster and easier by going to the chiropractor after a car accident. A car accident chiropractor will be able to get your spine back in alignment, apply massage or other therapies to ease your pain, and recommend nutritional advice. Chiropractic care can also help you cope with any long-term issues that result from your accident. Your chiropractor will know how to help you manage your symptoms and prevent future injuries from occurring. So if you’ve been in an accident, don’t ask yourself “when should you see a chiropractor?”
Contact Affordable Chiropractic at Killeen, Texas instead. Schedule an appointment today for a personalized treatment plan for a full recovery.